A village and parish three miles east of Weymouth. The Church of St Oswald has a perpendicular west tower, the remainder being based on the original 13th and 14th century parts.
The font is 13th century. The picture-postcard village follows a little valley on the chalk hillside above is the famous Osmington White Horse, cut in 1815, depicting George III on horseback. A mile away, towards the sea, is the hamlet of Osmington Mills.
This is set by a small stream which enters the sea by the well- known Smugglers Inn. Osmyntoneor Osmingtone in AS charters, it was Osmentone in Domesday. From OE- ingtun and a personal name, hence…a farm named after a man named Osmund.